7th February 2008 - Cobh, County Cork, Ireland
Hi everyone. Back over a week now and still settling back after six amazing weeks in Antarctica.
My last blog entry was a bit rushed so I just want to say a very big thanks to all the passengers that I had the pleasure of meeting and with whom I shared some incredible wild life experiences. I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did. I also want to thank again all those who logged onto the blog and those who managed to leave comments, the feedback was very much appreciated. There are no restrictions on leaving comments on the blog now so if you had intended to contribute its not too late. I brought my traveling companion Kenny the Bear back to his home in St. Mary's national school and got a wonderful reception from the pupils and teachers there. Unfortunately I left Antarctica without getting Sandra Coman's contact details. Sandra, if you read this could you contact me please? you can get me through my website www.irishwildlife.net The school here in Cobh are keen to contact you to say thanks for knitting Kenny his scarf.
Also, believe it or not, I officiated at the exchange of marriage vows between two passengers at Paradise Harbour on New Years day and forgot to get a photo with the happy couple. If anyone on on that cruise has a picture I would love a copy, again I can be contacted through my website.
I have to thank the wonderful team I had the privilege to work with in Antarctica, the Expedition Team and the incredible crew of the Marco Polo. The ship will be in Cobh this year, under new ownership, so I will look out for any that are still working on the great ship.
Finally, if I am lucky enough to go south again some time I will reactivate the blog and write another chapter from that truly breathtaking part of our planet. Bye for now.